Thursday, September 9, 2010

An Update!

My goodness Fall seems to be busy so far, but I'm loving the cooler temperatures! And I'm even starting to get excited about the holidays! Have you started Christmas shopping yet??? I have. I know, I'm insane!

  • Christian loves soccer and has his first real game this Saturday!
  • McKenna had an ENT visit today and they took one of her tubes out! Yikes!! It was a little nerve racking for me (probably because I was holding her head when they put what looked like an ice pick into her ear), but McKenna kept it together and immediately asked for a sticker and a lollipop. That's my girl!!!
  • Christian started another year of preschool. It was no big deal to him, so I barely documented it. I'm happy we're getting back into a routine.
  • Ryan's parents are coming all the way from Illinois for a visit this weekend (they should arrive sometime tonight). The kids are beyond excited about this and have been talking about all the things they're going to do with Grammy and Grampy! I hope Grammy and Grampy are bringing lots of energy with them.
  • I have been feeling this tiny little baby move around a lot!!! It seems so early to be feeling anything, but I feel pretty confident that I been feeling little flutters here and there for about two weeks. Yesterday I was certain that there was a little baby in there kicking me :)
  • I'm going to enjoy those tiny kicks from a baby who can't cause me problems while I can because my oldest two children are giving me lots of grief and spending lots of time in time-out. Disobedience and defiance is the name of the game around here and it probably is because I've been slacking off on the discipline because I've just been too tired to deal with it. My dear children recognize their mother's fatigue at a moments notice and at that point take full advantage of the situation.
  • My very first class of students that I taught are off to college this fall. That's making me feel very old.
  • Ryan is busy with work and extremely busy playing baseball with Christian. I remember when Christian was just a few months old Ryan was worried about whether or not he would like to play baseball. Well, never fear! Ryan has created an obsession in our son. The boys played ball at least 6 times a day the entire weekend. Ryan would try to get some yardwork done and Christian would ask him about every other minute if he was ready to play catch yet. Everyday when Ryan gets home from work Christian grabs his glove and heads outside! Last night they were playing in the dark. I love it!!

1 comment:

Katy said...

WHAT?!? They're off to college? Good grief - it's like we're grownups or something now judy! :) LOVE hearing about that sweet little baby moving around - that is early...but that is SO fun!!! That's one of my VERY favorite things about being pregnant and I always miss it!!!!