Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Treasured Moments

My Aunt Betty is in her late 80s and has a beautiful home on the water, just off the Cheapeake Bay! Our extended family got together for a party at her house this past weekend.
And McKenna was so sweet. She came over to me and said "I want to sit with my friend" and she pointed to my Aunt Betty. So I sat her on Aunt Betty's lap and she sang songs with her and talked to her and hugged her and I even heard her tell Aunt Betty that she loved her. I just about cried because I could see God using my little two year old to share His love with my precious widowed aunt. It's totally uncharacteristic for McKenna to sit in the lap of a complete stranger and love on them, which made it all the more sweet!



5 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

That is just precious! You will have the memory forever. I love to see how God uses our littlest ones.

Millicent said...

So sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

That was priceless.
Grandmom

Katy said...

that picture of the two of them is totally priceless! what a treasure!!! i love how God uses children to bless us like that!!

Jenn said...

that is very precious! and i had to double take cuz the little girl on her lap looks soooo much like abby!!!