Monday, March 25, 2013

Aspen

 Ryan and I had a fun Valentine's/10 year anniversary get-away!
 We hung out by this fire....
 In this quaint little town called Aspen, CO.
 Ryan skied.
 And sent me back some amazing pictures from the top of the Rockies!
 I preferred riding the gondola to the top of the mountain.
 I'm afraid of heights. This was huge for me.
 We did some sight seeing in Aspen.
 Ralph Lauren was one of the more affordable stores there. Prada, Dior and Gucci, just to name a few, were a little out of our league. We didn't buy a thing :)
 We missed our kids like crazy. It's the first time we've ever left them for four days.
 We were thankful we had increased our life insurance because we came out of a mountain tunnel and ended up in white-out, blizzard conditions somewhere around Vail, Co. It was scary. You just had to keep going even though you couldn't see a thing. No pictures of that....I seriously that we weren't going to make it. The next week there was a 30 car pile up in that same exact spot. Thank you Lord for protecting us!
 It was a great experience. The first time either of us had been that far west!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I'm glad you had a good time and stayed safe! Anna :)