Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Highlights of my day....

  • I was rocking Will to sleep and he picked his head up off my shoulder, looked at me and leaned his forehead in, as if he was asking for a kiss. He got a few. He is such a good baby. He barely fusses and is pretty much content to play on his own. I love him to pieces. Thankfully he's feeling much much better. He still has a bad cough, but he's on the mend.

  • Listening to McKenna sing and "read" books to herself. She can tell a pretty good story.

  • Christian cried this morning when I woke him up. He did NOT want to go back to school. But when he got off the bus today he couldn't wait to tell me what a great day he had. He listed all these great things like....he got a new seat and he sits next to Connor now (in his mind this is very huge news)! And he got his card punched twice (that means he did something good but he couldn't remember what). And....this is my personal favorite...... he had to move to a new reading group. When he said that my heart kind-of stopped for a second. I have a distinct memory of being in first grade and my teacher moving me "down" a reading group and she did it in front of the whole class. Guess what I remember about first grade? Yup, that's about it. So I was preparing to give Christian a pep talk, but then he continued to tell me that he used to be on level four books but they were too easy and his teacher said level five was too easy too, so he is on level six books. And he's in Reagan's group and she's really smart and a really good reader. So I asked who else was in his group and he said is was just Reagan and him. And no kids in the class are on level seven yet, which means he's in the "top" reading group. What???? I screamed I was so excited!!!! This is the boy who didn't even say "mama" until he was 2 1/2. This is the boy who had to be resuscitated at birth and I worried for years and years that something might be wrong.  I am honestly not trying to be a bragging...look how awesome my kid is...kind-of mom. I am just simply rejoicing. A little shocked and so, so thrilled. He has worked hard. His teacher is awesome!!! And there are lots of "step" teachers in his class who make a huge contribution to his education.




"The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!!!"

2 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

All wonderful moments filled with JOY! SO happy for Christian that he is soaring in school! Great job Mama, you have laid an incredible foundation for him!

Anonymous said...

That is fabulous! I rejoice with you. Anna :-)