Friday, August 27, 2010

Goodbyes Stink

Christian has a really, really hard time saying to Emma, Abby and Nate. He truly feels like they're his siblings since they were a part of our daily lives for two years. His earliest memories are of spending everyday with them. So he can hardly handle it when they leave. He cries and cries and cries. And that pretty much makes everyone else feel like crying too. Abby always has a particularly hard time too. So it's sort of amazing that I got this sweet picture of all of them right before the cousins had to go home.
Nathan is just as sweet as ever. He's so easy to have around. I am just praying and praying that my next child will have his personality!! He's going to be going to preschool full-time this fall. That's going to be a big change for him after being at home with mom for the past year. So pray for him this fall, that he'll easily adjust. That he'll make friends and that he'll feel happy and secure during this transition.

I was afraid McKenna was going to drive Abby crazy during the week she was with us. McKenna DID NOT LEAVE ABBY ALONE!! Every now and then Abby would tell Emma that she needed a break and Emma would do her best to distract McKenna. It was rather hilarious. What a blessing to have to girls who love McKenna so much.
Abby's going to be in first grade this year. This will be her first year of full time school. She's excited and I know she'll do great!


And then there's Emma. She's so mature, I can hardly stand it. I mean seriously...you should see how tall she is. She is still talkative and helpful. I think I could have moved out for the week and she would have had everything under control.
Emma will be in....I can hardly believe I'm about to type this...fourth grade this year. She found out who her teacher is and she's happy about who she got. She's still a huge reader and she really, really wants to learn to play tennis.
----
So that's the scoop on our precious cousins. I know some of you miss hearing about them. Maybe we should start an online petition to make Amy start blogging again! Ha! In her defense, she just started working full time for an insurance company. There are five kids in and out of her house all the time, plus a few neighbors. And she now has a huge dog. Enough said!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big the kids are getting....and it looks like they've all had fun in the sun this summer.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on all the cousins!

Miss everyone tons!
Laurie