Saturday, August 21, 2010

All the fun details!!!



This is a hand-me-down shirt that I happened to have (I think it was Emma's). So when I found out I was pregnant (In the middle of the day) I put it on McKenna...


And then Ryan came home from work....


And he took a closer look...


And I think he was thrilled. What do you think?



Ryan sort of knew this was possibly coming so it wasn't a huge surprise. I can usually tell the moment I get pregnant. And things pretty much work like clock work around here, so we have yet to be surprised by a baby. I found out I was pregnant for sure at around three weeks and already this has felt like a super long pregnancy. I'll be honest, pregnancy is not my thing. I get all the bad symptoms a person could get and this time seems even worse. But I know that it's worth it. I know that we're blessed. And I rejoice everyday at the miracle that God has placed in our lives.


So here's the scoop:

I'm 10 weeks pregnant.

We'll find out sometime in late Oct. if it's a boy or girl. YES, we like to find out!

Due Date: March 19, 2011

The baby is the size of a plum.

We already had an amazing ultrasound! We saw the heartbeat and tiny wiggling arms and legs!

Is God an AWeSoME creator or what!!!!

Fridays are my flip days (you know...the day when I can say I'm another week along), so there will probably be lots of Friday posts about this baby!

Next Dr. appointment is next Thursday. Can't wait!
Christian thinks we should name the baby Thomas if it's a boy (I guess he still loves trains) or Sally if it's a girl (because of the blue car named Sally in the Disney movie Cars). I wonder how he's going to feel when the baby is named something completely different?
The kids are excited! McKenna is frustrated that she can't see the baby and Christian does not appreciate the dry heaving I've been doing on a daily basis (he always tells me to take a break :) from whatever I'm doing as I run to the bathroom (Sorry, that was probably TMI). But they are ready. McKenna is has moved into her big girl room successfully, so the crib is empty once again. Now we just need to potty train. Ugh.



And so we are thrilled that God is continuing to write the story of our family. We are so blessed. We know it! Everyday I am thankful for the blessings of this new sweet baby!


10 comments:

Katy said...

oh judy - i'm so excited!!! and i'm so thankful you didn't make us wait forever for the details!!! I LOVE it! A March baby - those are pretty good, right? :) Callie was supposed to be one of those, but she came late and into April (all of mine were late...). Praying for EXTRA strength these next several weeks....my pregnancies are always boring and uneventful, which I'm so thankful for, except for the part about being sick EVERY single day until I deliver!! Hang in there - hopefully when school starts up again in the fall, that will give you a bit of a break! And YEA for McKenna moving into her big girl bed! :)

the mccollums... said...

Yay!! So glad you made it public. I can't believe you are already 10 weeks...I know you said it has been a slow pregnancy, but seems like its been going by fast. So happy for you guys and the kiddos! Hope your morning sickness stuff subsides soon.

Sarah Joy said...

I am so excited Judy! And what a birthday gift for yourself, due the week you were born! I so get the sick part and will pray for endurance! God is so good. Love you.

Heather said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you!

Vicky said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you all!! Love, Vicky

Melissa said...

Congrats!!! That's wonderful news!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! That's wonderful news. May God bless you and the baby with good health. Anna :)

Courtney said...

SO excited for you! and am with you on not enjoying the pregnancy part...i'll be praying for you!

jenn said...

congratulations!! i have a march baby - it's the perfect month :)

Alicia said...

Yay! So excited for you! I definitely thought my last pregnancy was the hardest, so I feel for you. I'll say a prayer for the dry heaves to pass quickly! :)