Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rewind - Dining Room Makeover

I've decided that this week is going to be "REWIND week," meaning that I'm going to blog about all the things I've skipped over the last couple of months. It's time to catch up on this blog, so here goes....

This is the dining room BEFORE! Notice the dark trim, gold light fixture and valances.

And this is the dining room AFTER.

After lots and lots of painting, a new light, and new curtains!
It's my favorite room in the house right now, because it's done and it's so me! I do have some more plans for it, but they are going to wait.

I want to put some trim molding in the white part around the base of the room. Sort of like the two little pictures above. Don't you think that would look nice? That's the plan one day when I some spare time to learn how to cut molding. In the meantime I've other things that need my attention.

For my mom's birthday Christian said, "I think we should eat in the fancy room at that table we're not allowed to touch." So that's what we did. I definitely don't want to be the kind of mom that has rooms where you're not allowed to touch things, but I am going to try to keep the dining room looking nice. We don't play cars on that table, because it's new and it already ((sigh)) has a scratch. But we are going to use that room for sure!! I can't wait to have some dinner parties!


2 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

Can I just say that your "fancy room" in person is way better than the photos show!? I loved seeing it up close and personal. You did such a great job! We loved your house! Warren thought it was perfect... just what we would buy if we were buying... especially the land. Can't wait to come back.

Katy said...

it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!! you did agreat job - totally transformed the room!!! way to go!