Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Venting

Usually I blog about the positive things in our lives...the happy times...fun things we do...cute things everyone says...accomplishments...etc. Well, not today! Today has been one of those days! Today we have had way too much crying, lying, hitting and pushing. Far too many temper tantrums and time outs. Our time out chair was basically occupied all day. There was actually one moment when four children were crying at once and I found myself laughing because otherwise I would have been crying too! Everything we tried to do today caused conflict including the sprinkler...go figure! I'm hoping all the bad moods and cranky kids will disappear overnight and the precious joyful group I'm used to will appear again tomorrow!

7 comments:

Luis and Christy said...

Ha! You didn't specify so I took a little lee-way with my imagination and pictured all of the lying and yelling coming from you and the kids playing nicely. It's funny to imagine the flipside of the craziness that was going on. Esp imagining you coming up with a bunch of random lies and telling them and having to sit in the the timeout chair all day :) Here's hoping tomorrow will be better!

the*4*of*us said...

girl, it must have been in the air! we had one of those days. here's to a better tomorrow!

Erin said...

It was in the air. With shots yesterday, today was aweful. I have sat on the front porch with my back against the door so they couldn't come out --- all four of them lined up screaming out the window in the door. The neighbor came out and asked if I needed help, and I told her I just needed air. She laughed. Hey you win some and loose some. That's the way it goes, and the loosing makes the winning all that much sweeter! Love you guys. FYI I love it when telemarketers call during those times. I just sit the phone in the middle of the room and encourage everyone to be louder, and then tell the person on the other end: "sure i'll take that condo, can I bring my kids along too."

Heather said...

Ahh...one of those days. The important part is that everyone is still alive at the end of it:).Hope the rest of the week is better and more than makes up for it.

Heather said...

Huge hug to you! YOu have one of the hardest and most important jobs there is...hope tomorrow is better!
Heather W.

Katy said...

Ha - we all have those days. That's why it's nice to start over tomorrow! Surely you have the book "Alexander and his terrible, no good, very bad, day" to read to them!"

Christine said...

Poor Judy!! How are they doing today?