Don't allow fear & worry to take you captive! When life throws you a curve ball... An unexpected diagnosis, a job loss, a heart wrenching phone call, a wayward child, a big move away from everything & everyone you know & love, a car accident, financial issues, etc.
The moment fear begins to rise up, focus on what is TRUE (Philippians 4:8)
Here's what is TRUE:
1. God promises that he is sovereign. That means He is in control. He is in control of your life.
2. God is with you. He is "our very present help in times of trouble." You don't have to wait for him to show up or beg him to get involved...He's already there.
3. God listens! Over & over we read in the Psalms about how David would pour out his heart to God & "God heard my cry." (Psalm 40:1)
4. God is trustworthy. Stop trying to understand everything & TRUST that God already has it figured out ( Proverbs 3:5&6)Relax.
5. God loves you. He really does! Think of the best dad you know...God is a gazillion times better. His love for you is boundless.