Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Busy Busy Tuesday

We had a pretty sad morning at our house. Way too much fussing, crying, pushing and pouting!! No one was happy. (You probably think I told them to look mean in the picture...I didn't)
By 9am I realize that I just might not survive until naptime if we had to stay in the house all morning. It's a chilly day (in the 50s) and it's rainy outside, so we headed to McDonalds to play at their playland.
Our friend Jacob and his mommy met us there and we happily played for over an hour! Yippee!! We love McDonalds.
The best part was that McKenna slept almost the entire time. She looks a little pink in this picture because the playland is outside with just a tent over it and they have heat lamps inside. I had her sitting right under one of the heat lamps. Doesn't she look snuggly?!
Then we headed inside for a little lunch. Last fall I used to be able to buy one McNugget meal and it could feed everyone, but those days are over. Now Christian likes cheeseburgers and Abby likes the Crispy Chicken snack wrap and Nate likes nuggets, so we don't frequent McDonalds too much anymore. Today Christian had orange soda for the first time and loved it. Nate had it too, but I don't know if that was a first for him or not. Right when it was time to leave the rain became a torrential downpour. Isn't that always the way it is! I was completely soaked by the time I got all four kids buckled back up in the car.
Our afternoon ended up being pretty uneventful. We all spent lots of time in the bathroom. I'll have to post more about that later. McKenna has been such a delightful girl today, I really hope it lasts through the night!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Aside from the fact that it means you had a really rough morning, I've gotta say that the first picture is hilarious. It really does look posed, and I'm glad you explained that it's actually not!!! Oh, boy!! Thank you God for the McDonald's playland!!!

Christine said...

oh no!! Poor Judy!! But Amy's right, that picture is adorable!! And McKenna looks so cute all snug under the heat lamp.

Erin said...

Tim and I do dates at MickeyD's just so we can talk and the kids can play.

Katy said...

It's sort of sad when they all get their own opinions about food...and their own appetites!!! Indoor playlands...or playlands with heatlamps are GREAT!!! And I love the grumpy picture of the kids - that's life!!! (Although with your previous post about potty training, I wouldn't have thought the next post would be titled "busy busy tuesday" - when i start potty training my boys, we stay home and don't go ANYWHERE for a few days!!!)